Omelet with Cheese Sauce
If you're looking to bring a little variety to breakfast, try this effortless egg dish from Joan Enerson. "The cheesy sauce is easy to make, and the green chiles really jazz up the omelet," she writes from Waupaca, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, cook soup and cream over low heat until warm, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper; stir in chilies. Melt butter in a 10-in. skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat. Fold omelet in half; cut into three wedges. Serve with the cheese sauce. Refrigerate any leftover sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 468mg cholesterol, 1379mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Omelet with Cheese Sauce in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.