I lightened up quiche Lorraine by making it without the pie crust. This bacony breakfast has the classic taste that folks love. It’s a winner for a late-night snack as well as for a brunch dish. —Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion, salt and pepper. Lightly grease a 10-in. nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are set, sprinkle bacon, cheese and parsley over 1 side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.