Olympic Rings Pizza Recipe
We celebrated our daughter's birthday (during the last Winter Games) with an Olympics theme party that could be adapted for a 2000 Summer Olympics gathering. The symbolic five rings - made from pepperoni - decorate the yummy homemade pizza. -Therese Judge, Westminster, Maryland
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1. Ina bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll the dough into a 16x11-in. rectangle; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press dough 1/2 in. up the sides of pan. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni on top in five interlocking circles. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 273 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Olympic Rings Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC