Olive & Roasted Pepper Bruschetta
I've tried many versions of bruschetta but think this recipe contains the perfect blend of ingredients. It's super easy, and you can make the topping ahead. —Jennifer Mathis, Hilton Head, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Top each bread slice with 1 tablespoon olive mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 62 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper and Olives Bruschetta in Taste of Home December/January 2009
Dec 26, 2009
This is an excellent recipe and one that is definitely a keeper. It's delicious and so very easy to make.
Apr 10, 2009
Delicious! I've made this several times for parties and the platter is always empty within minutes. Easy to prepare.