Olive-Rice Cheese Spread
"My daughter, Amy, won a blue ribbon for this recipe at our town's Wild Rice Festival," writes Sandy tichy of Kelliher, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salad dressing, basil and pepper until smooth. Stir in the rice, carrot, chives and olives.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, top with almonds.