Olive Pepperoni Snack Muffins
Savory Italian-flavored treats will delight the sports fans in your family while they watch their favorite game. Try them as a perfect partner to a hot bowl of soup.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oregano and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, milk and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pepperoni and olives.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 163 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Olive Pepperoni Snack Muffins in Best of Country Breads