Olive ‘n’ Fig Chicken
Olive fans will enjoy the elegance of this easy entree. “I love green olives and figs, so I put them together with chicken for a salty-sweet combination that’s perfect for a special meal.” —Carol Hull, Hermiston, Oregon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (6.35 ounces) green olive tapenade
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- 2. 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook tapenade and fig preserves over medium heat until heated through, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Return chicken to the pan; cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Garnish with olives if desired.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without pasta): 360 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC