Olive-Herb Cheese Spread Mix
We combine a blend of dried herbs to create a delicious mix that wonderfully flavors cream cheese. You can even use the spread on sandwiches.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes1-1/4 cups per batch
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Pita chips or crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (5 tablespoons total).
- To prepare spread: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon seasoning mix until blended. Beat in enough milk until spread reaches desired consistency. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 88 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Olive Herb Cheese Spread Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009