Olive-Cucumber Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) ready-to-serve salad greens
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, cucumbers, olives and Creole seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, place the salad greens in a large bowl; add cucumber mixture and toss to coat.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 12, 2011
Absolutely delicious! I have made this 3 times already and have friends asking for the recipe! I didn't have the Creole seasoning so I used the suggested substitutions and it was outstanding. To make it slightly healthier, however, I use the "free zesty Italian" dressing. Deliciously healthy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.