- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 36 thin slices bread
- 36 pimiento-stuffed olives
- With a fork, score cucumber lengthwise; cut into thin slices. Place in a bowl; add water and vinegar. Let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion salt and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Cut bread into flower shapes with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Spread each with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with paprika and top with a cucumber slice.
- Remove pimientos from olives; place in center of cucumber. Cut olives into five wedges and arrange around pimiento in a pinwheel pattern. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forOlive-Cucumber Finger Sandwiches
"These are okay. Next time I won't marinate the cucumber slices because I personally think these appetizers would be better with the simple, fresh taste of cucumber instead of vinegar. The olives give off a marinated, vinegary taste of their own, plus you have the taste of the Worcestershire sauce in the spread. So I don't think it's really necessary to add vinegar to the cukes. Although good to snack on, these remind me of something you'd find in one of those old cookbooks from the 50's. Still a nice addition to a picnic spread or as a holiday appetizer."