Olive-Cheese Zucchini Boats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out and reserve pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells, cut side down, in a skillet. Add water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Turn shells cut side up; sprinkle with salt. Chop zucchini pulp; saute in a small saucepan in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in bread crumbs and olives. Spoon into the zucchini shells; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over medium heat (with no added water) for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 27, 2019
These were really good! A nice flavor combination that sounds a little overwhelming but is surprisingly balanced. I was serving them as a side for meatloaf, so instead of boiling on the stovetop, I assembled them and popped them into the oven alongside the meatloaf for the last 20 minutes of cooking time (at 350°). Turned out perfectly!
Mar 22, 2018
Oct 13, 2014
Love Love Love these boats. I baked them in the oven, it worked out fine.