Olive Cheese Bread
"The recipe for this rich cheesy bread was given to me by a co-worker's wife, and I've used it often," notes Nancy McWhorter of Bridge City, Texas. "With the tasty addition of ripe olives and onions, it's a perfect complement to seafood, Italian food or barbecue fare."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Slice bread in half widthwise and lengthwise.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture over cut sides of bread. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 223 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Olive Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.