Olive Beef Pasta
Since I received this recipe from a friend several years ago, it's been a much-requested recipe by my family. Green olives are a great addition that give it a distinctive taste.—Doris Baker, West Asheville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, onion, green pepper, corn, mushrooms, olives and seasonings; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Unopened jars of olives can be stored in a cool dry place for 1 year. Once opened, they should be refrigerated and used within a month.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Olive Beef Pasta in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.