Olive and Herb Toasts
Tangy olives pair well with the mild fresh mozzarella for crunchy, savory appetizers that can be assembled in no time.—Laura Moran, Friendship, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1-1/2 cups Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with half of the oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with cheese. Combine the olives, basil and remaining oil; spoon over bread. Broil for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.