Olive and Herb Toasts
Tangy olives pair well with the mild fresh mozzarella for crunchy, savory appetizers that can be assembled in no time.—Laura Moran, Friendship, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1-1/2 cups Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with half of the oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with cheese. Combine the olives, basil and remaining oil; spoon over bread. Broil for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is softened. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Olive and Herb Toasts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.