- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup each chopped pitted green and ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, rosemary, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese, olives and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 5-10 minutes longer. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forOlive & Onion Quick Bread
"I really thought this was going to be sooper but the flavor was poor. :("