Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 slices American cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms, optional
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are nearly set, place cheese, salsa and, if desired, chiles and mushrooms over half of eggs; fold in half. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. If desired, serve with additional salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 180 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 25, 2017
A great basic recipe. For a smaller omelet, use an 8" skillet and two eggs.
Jan 1, 2015
Easy to customize for varying tastes. My wife likes mango salsa and doesn't much care for mushrooms or cilantro, so I made hers first. I like it hot, so I stuffed mine with medium salsa, chopped Meadow Mushrooms that I harvested and dried last fall, cilantro, roasted green peppers and drizzled Chalula hot sauce over the top. We both had them our way and loved it!