- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 slices process American cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms, optional
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Ass the eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, place cheese, salsa, chilies and mushrooms if desired over half of eggs; fold in half. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Reviews forOle Omelet
"A great basic recipe. For a smaller omelet, use an 8" skillet and two eggs."
"easy to customize for varying tastes. My wife likes mango salsa and doesn't much care for mushrooms or cilantro, so I made hers first. I like it hot, so I stuffed mine with medium salsa, chopped Meadow Mushrooms that I harvested and dried last fall, cilantro, roasted green peppers and drizzled Chalula hot sauce over the top. We both had them our way and loved it!"