Ole Bean Dip
This rich, cheesy bean dip is a crowd-pleaser and so easy to prepare. Two kinds of cheese and sour cream balance the spicy flavor of chiles and taco sauce. Leftovers are great served cold in lunches. —Lorraine Wilson, Moses Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tortilla chip scoops and thinly sliced green onions
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 4-5 hours, stirring every hour. Serve with tortilla chips and green onions.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 114 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Ole Bean Dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.