Old-World Corned Beef and Vegetables Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon marinade for chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onions. Add beef; discard spice packet from corned beef or save for another use. Combine the water, marinade for chicken and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 446 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1419mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Old-World Corned Beef and Vegetables
"Delicious! I couldn't find the Lea&Perrins marinade so just used an herb marinade. The gravy was great to use on the veggies."