Old-World Corned Beef and Vegetables
This traditional corned beef dinner is a winner with my husband, family and friends. It's a nice meal-in-one.—Ruth Burrus, Zionsville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon marinade for chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onions. Add beef; discard spice packet from corned beef or save for another use. Combine the water, marinade for chicken and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.