- 3-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 teaspoons of butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-cup baking dish; top with the onion and half of the sauce. Layer with remaining potatoes and sauce. Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Scalloped Potatoes
"loved this one. it has a great old fashnioned tasted that we loved"
"This is the second time making these Scalloped Potatoes, the last time I added ham, this time I browned some pork chops. These Scallped Potatoes are sooo creamy and delicious. I was telling my sister about them and tonight I am making them again. Very easy to make and very good to eat. This recipe is going in the Recipe Box."