- 1 large navel orange, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a food processor, combine the orange, raisins and pecans. Cover and process until mixture is finely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in orange mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. flouted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Raisin Cake
"This cake was excellent. It was moist and very tasty. I didn't have buttermilk on hand, so I substituted 1/3 cup non-fat yoghurt and 1/3 cup of orange juice and it came out beautifully. It cooked in 45 minutes."