VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add potatoes, cheese, onion and red pepper. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Potatoes Anna in Country Woman September/October 1997, p51