Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper; add carrots, celery, onion and eggs.
- Drain the potatoes; gently stir into mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 616 calories, 50g fat (8g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
May 6, 2019
I really enjoyed this potato salad. It reminded me of picnics when I was a child, except that my mother would have added a cup of diced chicken and made it the main course.
Feb 18, 2014
This potato salad is delicious!
Jan 31, 2012
One of the best potato salads I have had. I added aprox. 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder because we love garlic. Will use this as my summer staple recipe.
May 18, 2010
Very good salad!!
Aug 15, 2009
I cannot believe the fat content of this recipe--it seems way too high compared to similar, and sometimes richer recipes. It must be a misprint; but simply substitute a healthier version of mayonnaise if it's a concern.