Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper; add carrots, celery, onion and eggs.
- Drain the potatoes; gently stir into mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 616 calories, 50g fat (8g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2019
I really enjoyed this potato salad. It reminded me of picnics when I was a child, except that my mother would have added a cup of diced chicken and made it the main course.
Feb 18, 2014
This potato salad is delicious!
Jan 31, 2012
One of the best potato salads I have had. I added aprox. 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder because we love garlic. Will use this as my summer staple recipe.
May 18, 2010
Very good salad!!
Aug 15, 2009
I cannot believe the fat content of this recipe--it seems way too high compared to similar, and sometimes richer recipes. It must be a misprint; but simply substitute a healthier version of mayonnaise if it's a concern.