- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: broken Nutter Butter cookies, chopped peanuts and whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, beat corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter and salt until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Bake 60-70 minutes or until top is puffed and center is almost set; cover top loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. (Top may sink and crack slightly upon cooling.) Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Top as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
"This is delicious!!"
"Unbelievable peanut butter pie recipe! So tasty and so easy to make for dessert on a weeknight. I tried the pie crust recipe as is first and then I made another pie a few weeks later using crushed up peanut butter cookies, just like a graham cracker crust. I think I like that better! I'm sure it's not too healthy that way but it sure is delicious!"
"I love the custard like taste this peanut butter pie has. Delicious. Wouldn't change a thing!"
"Maw Maw you've got to make that peanut butter pie again! That's what my two grandsons, ages 7 and 3 said after I made this wonderful pie. They are big peanut butter fans and I thought they'd like this pie so I made it in honor of 3-14-15 (PI Day). I didn't have any toppings for it and that didn't matter at all to them, although I do think they would have liked it with Cool Whip. Very easy to make, keeps well (if there is any left to keep) and one I will definitely make again. I used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy because that is what my family likes and I think it added to the texture and taste of the pie in a positive way. Thank you for sharing the recipe!"
"Wow! This was excellent! I didn't have any of the suggested toppings, so I topped it with chocolate sauce. That turned out to be a great choice! I highly recommend it."