Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in peaches. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Stir in the milk and oil just until moistened. Drop by spoonfuls over peaches. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 27, 2011
This was pretty good and quick! I added brown sugar to the peaches, and cinnamon to the topping mixture for some more flavor
Jun 19, 2011
Quick and EASY! My family loved this great dessert. I did have to add more water to the cornstarch to make it smooth, and I added a little brown sugar and lemon juice to the peaches, but I don't think I altered the original recipe that much. We will definitely add this to our list of regular desserts!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.