Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in peaches. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Stir in the milk and oil just until moistened. Drop by spoonfuls over peaches. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 27, 2011
This was pretty good and quick! I added brown sugar to the peaches, and cinnamon to the topping mixture for some more flavor
Jun 19, 2011
Quick and EASY! My family loved this great dessert. I did have to add more water to the cornstarch to make it smooth, and I added a little brown sugar and lemon juice to the peaches, but I don't think I altered the original recipe that much. We will definitely add this to our list of regular desserts!