Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add honey, oats, coconut, brown sugar, butter, currants and walnuts; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 559 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 4, 2012
Thank you dozer1025!! It was very thoughtful of you to reply to my request.
Nov 3, 2012
hi adrian11 hey i know your post is an older one so my reply prob. dont help much.but i made this pie it turned out great with just three fouths cup.
Dec 15, 2010
I've made this pie several times and it is a hit every time. Very rich, especially with a little whipped cream on top! I've used raisins instead of currants and it turned out just fine. I recently made it for Thanksgiving for a nice change from the traditional pumpkin or pecan pie. My family devoured it. I'd say the only bad thing about this pie is you won't have any leftovers!
Feb 2, 2010
Question: How much brown sugar--it mentions 3/4 cup and then 1/2 cup?Thank you for clarification.