- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove into each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar and juices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until glaze is reduced to 1 cup.
- Brush ham with 1/3 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing with remaining glaze every 10 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Glazed Ham
"I would cut down the juice and sugar before making it."
"I have made this recipe for years its been pass down from my mother , as its been pass down to her from her mom .. it's Our familys favorite to make every year during the holidays even just as an everyday meal. we all love it"
"This made the perfect ham! I didn't boil the glaze all the way down, but it was still delicious."
"Perfect Ham. Loved the glazed simple and easy to do."