- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Lettuce leave or bread
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs and celery. Cover and chill.
- For each serving, spoon about 1/2 cup onto a lettuce leaf or spread on bread. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Egg Salad
"Simple old school perfection. I did as some others suggested and halved the lemon juice and used about 1/4 tsp celery seed in place of the chopped celery. Put it on brioche bread. Yum!"
"I add chopped sweet pickles, sliced black olives and Cavender's Greek seasoning powder."
"So good and easy to make! It tastes like there was so much more to it!"
"I added Rosemary and Thyme to it and doubled everything to make for a New Year's Eve celebration victory. Thank you to the creator of this recipe it was phenomenal."
"I made this egg salad recipe today and really liked it. It reminded me of this little diner I used to go to when I worked downtown.. Very flavorful - I love the little crunch of the celery. I put it on toast with lettuce and little bit of mayo. Perfect way to use leftover Easter eggs."
"This is the best egg salad I've ever tasted. I followed the recipe. Will definitely make it again and again."
"Loved this recipe"
"Added dill pickles. Love making this when I don't know what to have on a hot night. wonderful!"