Old-Fashioned Cutout Cookies
These simple cookies are so crisp and buttery, it's hard to eat just one. I make them for special holidays, but they're welcome anytime. -Elizabeth Turner, Lula, Georgia
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 3-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps if desired. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 185 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 7, 2018
Needs more vanilla.
Oct 30, 2010
very easy ,really tasty and quick
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC