Old-Fashioned Corn Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 29, 2016
This is pretty good, except a bit too sweet for us. Going to cut down on the sugar next time!
Sep 12, 2012
this is really, really good. I made a batch about 3 weeks ago and it's already almost gone. Great on burgers and hot dogs--my husband likes to eat it as is, just by itself!
Sep 16, 2011
We made this recipe with red peppers and Splenda. It was just delicious!
Jul 16, 2008
can you can this recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.