Old-Fashioned Corn Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 27, 2019
I made this recipe last week. Got four and 1/2 12 oz Ball Jars full. Absolutely Delicious!. I did add a tablespoon of Cinnamun and a half cup of sugar. Everybody that has tried it (I hand it out to others) has raved about it. I make pickles, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed quahogs and now this is my fourth recipe, Corn Relish!! Its also quick and easy. Steve Jackson,RI
May 29, 2016
This is pretty good, except a bit too sweet for us. Going to cut down on the sugar next time!
Sep 12, 2012
this is really, really good. I made a batch about 3 weeks ago and it's already almost gone. Great on burgers and hot dogs--my husband likes to eat it as is, just by itself!
Sep 16, 2011
We made this recipe with red peppers and Splenda. It was just delicious!
Jul 16, 2008
can you can this recipe