"My sister gave me the recipe for this creamy pasta salad about 25 years ago," Nola Erbe jots from Lodi, Wisconsin. "It's great to make for watching football games on TV. I serve it with potato chips, celery and pickles.
Recommended: 60 Heirloom Recipes from Grandparents
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, corn, chicken, celery, egg, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p39
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2008
"I made this with and without green pepper on seperate occasions. It's delicious either way."