- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- FLUFFY FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional chopped walnuts
- Beat eggs and sugar. Add carrots, cream cheese and oil; beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in pineapple and nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir flour and milk over medium-low heat until a thick paste forms, about 10 minutes. Chill for 30 minutes. Cream butter, sugar and salt. Gradually add chilled flour mixture; beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and sugar; beat well. Frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Carrot Cake
"Outstanding! Very moist and tasty. I made this for Easter dinner and it was a hit!"
"<p>My whole family loved it! Even our picky eater. We left the nuts out. I may have to make it with nuts, just so my one daughter and I can have more to ourselves It didn't last very long. Will definitely be making this again. Great way to use the carrots we had in our garden. Pleasantly surprised by how moist it was. We made our own frosting b/c the girls love dad's frosting. </p>"
"Im sure its 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil. :-)"
"Carrott cakeIs it 1-1/2 cups of vegetable oil or just a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil ?"
"This cake was so moist and I had to share the last slice when I made it for my Ladies group this week. A real Winner. Thank you for the recipeDinkum"
"I will try this one for Easter. Sounds easier than most recipes. Thanks for posting."
"My mom used to make this cake! The frosting is something we called "Mocked Frosting". My sister used to eat this on gram crackers... or anything she could alway with it! Giggle!!!!!!! Charlene I hope you read this... I am making this for Easter, you better come!!!"
"Can you make cupcakes with this recipe? If yes how long would you back them?"