Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 192 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins
"I've made these twice. The recipe is easy and the muffins are delicious. Good recipe."
"I loved the muffins And the next time I made it I made in a loaf pan and it was great too Next time I'm going to try putting raisins instead of blueberries."
"Lovely, simple flavor. Best the day they are baked, a bit tough the second day. Would make again. They also won a 2nd place ribbon in my local fair!"
"they taste great. though i was out of vanilla, so i put a tsp of lemon juice in instead. still tasted great. i dont know though, they almost seemed too dry or something, but had excellent flavor, i thought."