- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; beat in vanilla. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Pour 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
"Followed the recipe and the taste was as good as the ingredient. The pie did not stand up and was soupie. Not something I would ever serve to guest. What went wrong?"
"Whipped topping? Old fashioned? That is junk food, garbage. No thanks. That's it for this subscription."
"This is very good and easy to make, but I also use banana pudding in place of the vanilla. Gives it a more banana flavor. And I use the extra creamy whipped topping."
"Very good and very easy to make! I really liked this one!"
"nothing like real old fashioned banana cream pie... real is always better..."
"I made this today and it turned out great! Super easy to make and everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again."
"Sounds great and a much faster way than I usually make. Thanks"