- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 4 fully cooked bratwurst links (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, warmed
- For sauce, mix first five ingredients. Cut each bratwurst into thirds; thread onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill brats, covered, over medium heat until golden brown and heated through, 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with sauerkraut and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forOktoberfest Brats with Mustard Sauce
"Love this simple and delicious recipe. The only change I made was pan frying the brats. I had mine plain but my guys had theirs on a hoagie roll and each ate two! (Clearly, I doubled the recipe)"
"Love this simple and delicious recipe. The only change I made was pan frying the brats. I had mine plain but my guys had theirs on a hoagie roll and each ate two!"
"This wonderful recipe was enjoyed thoroughly! The mustard sauce is delicious. I did use whole grain mustard and added just a bit more to the mix. Last night we had the mustard sauce with our ham dinner!! It's definitely a keeper. Good job, Deb!"
"Yay, I get to put in the first well earned 5 stars. This is not only super quick and easy its down right tasty. The sauce really tames the tartness of the kraut by adding it own special taste. Not the least bit heavy. Just enough onion to detect its place as well. Mashed potatoes were a perfect choice for a side dish Be sure to make extra sauce for them as well. I used Italian Sausage as I don't care for Brats.Taste of Home Volunteer field editor."