Okra Roasted with Smoked Paprika
When you want to cook okra without frying it, roast it with lemon juice for a lighter version. The smoked paprika gives it even more roasty oomph. —Lee Evans, Queen Creek, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pounds fresh okra, whole
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together all ingredients. Arrange in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; roast until okra is tender and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 57 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Okra Roasted With Smoked Paprika in Taste of Home June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.