My family loves the fresh-from-the-garden taste of this dish. The combination of the peppered bacon and the Italian seasoning adds just the right amount of zesty flavor.—Karin Christian, Plano, Texas
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups fresh or frozen okra, thawed
- 6 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, chopped
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Cut okra lengthwise; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Stir in the corn, Italian seasoning and reserved okra; saute until okra is tender and corn is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Okra & Corn Saute in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p112