Oh-So-Good Chicken Soup
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and green onions; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add asparagus, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and asparagus is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with pepper.
Add chicken mixture to pasta mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool soup. Freeze soup and cheese separately in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw soup in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Sprinkle with cheese.
1-1/2 cups: 250 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
I loved the mushrooms and asparagus in this! I used whole wheat rotini instead of bow tie pasta. My family enjoyed it too!