Ogre and Pumpkin Sliders
Both versions of these mini turkey burgers are delicious. Family and guests can choose the kind they like the best, or they can enjoy one of each! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 5 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 3 miniature fresh mozzarella cheese balls, halved
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved widthwise
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well. Shape into ten 2-1/2-in. patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Drop 1 teaspoon pesto onto five burgers; top each with a mozzarella ball half and an olive half.
- Cut eyes, nose and mouth from each cheese slice to create a jack-o'-lantern. Place cheese on five burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 30 seconds. Serve burgers on buns.
Oct 5, 2014
RAVE reviews from the family. Super cute and tasty. Now I keep pesto and green olives in the house all the time to put on all my burgers. (It's even good on veggie burgers!) Couldn't find mozza balls, so I just used chunks of string cheese.