Ogre and Pumpkin Sliders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 5 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 3 miniature fresh mozzarella cheese balls, halved
- 3 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved widthwise
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well. Shape into ten 2-1/2-in. patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Drop 1 teaspoon pesto onto five burgers; top each with a mozzarella ball half and an olive half.
- Cut eyes, nose and mouth from each cheese slice to create a jack-o'-lantern. Place cheese on five burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 30 seconds. Serve burgers on buns.
Oct 5, 2014
RAVE reviews from the family. Super cute and tasty. Now I keep pesto and green olives in the house all the time to put on all my burgers. (It's even good on veggie burgers!) Couldn't find mozza balls, so I just used chunks of string cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.