Odds ‘n’ Ends Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makesabout 4 quarts
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 154 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2014
This snack really had a kick but my husband loved it! I will definitely be making this again!!
Jun 29, 2013
I just remembered: I didn't have the cheese crackers to make the mix to-day, so Iused 6 cups Rice Chex and 4 cups Corn Chex.I added a package of "Simply Pretzel Thins Baked Naturals in addition to the dry roasted peanuts and pretzel twists.I have substituted other ingredients if I don't have the exact ingredient on hand!DELowenstein
Jun 29, 2013
Actually, I HAD prepared this snack mix before and I'm making it again 6/29/13!I made the following adjustments to meet my tastes: I just used: 4 cups each of Corn Chex & Rice Chex, 1 package(12-oz.)mini pretzel twists2 cups dry roasted peanuts1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce1 tsp. seasoned salt1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper3/4 cup vegetable oil used instead of butterI used oil instead of using butter!For me, this adaptation worked out!Thank you for this recipe! Snack mixes for me are something which I prepare frequently and take them for our Coffeetime at our chapel. People enjoy the various snack mixes I bring and I've had to take inventory so when our supply of snackmixes is low, I can turn to a # of TOH mix recipes I've used over time!DELowenstein