Odds ‘n’ Ends Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makesabout 4 quarts
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 154 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 9, 2014
This snack really had a kick but my husband loved it! I will definitely be making this again!!
Jun 29, 2013
I just remembered: I didn't have the cheese crackers to make the mix to-day, so Iused 6 cups Rice Chex and 4 cups Corn Chex.I added a package of "Simply Pretzel Thins Baked Naturals in addition to the dry roasted peanuts and pretzel twists.I have substituted other ingredients if I don't have the exact ingredient on hand!DELowenstein
Jun 29, 2013
Actually, I HAD prepared this snack mix before and I'm making it again 6/29/13!I made the following adjustments to meet my tastes: I just used: 4 cups each of Corn Chex & Rice Chex, 1 package(12-oz.)mini pretzel twists2 cups dry roasted peanuts1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce1 tsp. seasoned salt1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper3/4 cup vegetable oil used instead of butterI used oil instead of using butter!For me, this adaptation worked out!Thank you for this recipe! Snack mixes for me are something which I prepare frequently and take them for our Coffeetime at our chapel. People enjoy the various snack mixes I bring and I've had to take inventory so when our supply of snackmixes is low, I can turn to a # of TOH mix recipes I've used over time!DELowenstein