If your family likes its meals hearty—especially now that cooler weather's on the way—you'll want to add this top-of-the-stove pork recipe to your file.
Recommended: 50 Best Comfort Foods from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 2 tart green apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pounds pork spareribs
- In a Dutch oven, layer all ingredients in the order listed. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2-3 hours or until the ribs are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Octoberfest Ribs in Country Woman September/October 1993, p36