Oatmeal with Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 2-1/3 cups apple juice
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine apple, apple juice, oats, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, honey and vanilla. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 215 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 12, 2011
I omitted the salt and cut the recipe in half. I really loved it! I didn't use a measuring spoon for the vanilla and may have used a bit much b/c I could really taste it but that's more user failure than a recipe fault most likely. Great way to get a warm breakfast and use all the fall apples!
Jul 28, 2010
Way too salty.
Mar 27, 2010
If this recipe were a man, I'd marry it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.