Oatmeal Valentine Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2-1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Red colored sugar, optional
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in oats.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into heart shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with red sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 221 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2017
The recipe is missing some ingredients. I had to add 1/4 cup water to make the dough, and the cookies are really bland. Perhaps some cinnamon and ground cloves or brown sugar. They are more like bland sugar cookies with oatmeal. Won't try them again.
Mar 22, 2015
Super easy and easy to figure out when to put in the flour mixture.
Feb 11, 2013
it simple but nice taste and easy
Feb 7, 2010
Part of the recipe is missing!!!!!!!