Oatmeal Spice Mix
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup boiling water
- Brown sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 batches (about 1 cup total).
- 2. To prepare oatmeal: In a bowl, combine oats and 2 tablespoons oatmeal spice mix. Add enough boiling water until oatmeal is desired consistency. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.
1 cup: 290 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 8, 2012
I took all the dry items and mixed, then put into snack sized bags. Put in a cup of coffee add water til cup is 3/4 full of water and mix. Heat 2 mins in micro wave let sit 1 min. mix and mine is usually thin, so I just drink it. lol I do this at work. I can then rinse my coffee cup out and have coffee. However, I have already had a hearty breakfast.
Oct 11, 2010
I've been using this recipe every morning for 3 1/2 years now. It's EXCELLENT! Not too sweet, but gives the ho-hum oatmeal just the right kick to start the day off with! I even pack it in snack-sized baggies to take along when I'm going to be away from home. Thanks SO much for sharing!!!