- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle oats onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted; cool. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Whisk together the egg and buttermilk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews forOatmeal Scones
"Really easy to make and my kids loved them. We will be making this recipe again!!!"
"Awesome! easy to make. I burnt the pecans so I didn't add them. Made the buttermilk. Baked mine on a round stone greased with canola oil for about 18 min."