- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans if desired.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a greased glass bottom.
- Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forOatmeal Raisin Cookies
"Perfect recipe! Saving and sharing it!"
"I made the recipe EXACTLY and was very good. When baking the last half of the batch I used granulated sugar on the glass to flatten the cookies - that worked well and easier than the greased glass. I get frustrated with people who rate the recipe after they have changed numerous ingredients."
"These are the things I changed....Baked them for 12 minutes @ 350, used 1 1/2 c golden raisins, butter instead of shortening, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 c brn sugar, 1/2 c sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon....next time I will use 2 c golden raisins, 2 tsp vanilla, 2 c brn sugar, 1/2 c sugar, 1 Tbsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp salt....I only use salt free butter, that is why the salt....also, I do not flatten the cookies, we like them soft and poufy!!! lol Otherwise I left everything the same....I might add one more egg...lol I got 48 cookies out of the recipe and that was using a small cookie scoop...."
"Very tasty cookies! I made them as shown, but added an extra teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 cup more raisins. Delicious! Will make again!"
"These cookies flatten out beautifully and have the right amount of crisp. Wouldn't change a thing and will definitely make them again."
"Delicious! I used butter instead of shortening. I also reduced the sugar. Mine did not look like the picture, but they were still delicious. I will definitely be making these again. A great recipe."
"These are good cookies, I prefer them a bit chewier but still they are great!"