Oatmeal Raisin Bars
These bars are so popular with my family that I have to hide them if they're bound for a buffet! I got the recipe from a farm wife with growing boys. I always make plenty, because even this big batch disappears quickly around our house.—Annie Beilers, Leola, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1-1/2 pounds marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, cook and stir marshmallow and butter until smooth. Add honey, oil and peanut butter; mix well. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans; press firmly and evenly. Cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Bars in Taste of Home August/September 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.