This delicious pie recipe came from my mother. My husband especially enjoys it during the holidays. I have shared the pie crust with many others because it's flaky and so easy to roll out. We even use it at our children's school when apple pies are made for a fund-raiser.
Recommended: 20 Favorite Oatmeal Recipes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, oats, coconut, butter, eggs and vanilla. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Arrange pecans on top of pie; bake 30 minutes more or until well browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oatmeal Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p82
Reviews for Oatmeal Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"so simple to make and oh so good! :D"