VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugars. Gradually whisk in the corn syrup, milk, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans, oats and coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oatmeal Pecan Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p132